I was recently Stumbling and came across a post on how to Dye Easter Eggs with Silk Ties. I saw that and had to try it myself!
- Silk Ties
- String (I used dental floss, which if you’re a couponer, you can always find free or cheap)
- Cut the threading out of your ties
- Take the white fabric out of the inside of the tie and put aside.
- Cut pieces of tie and wrap around the egg.
- Wrap your string or floss around the egg until it’s nice and tight. (If gaps are left, you will have white spots on your eggs)
- Wrap the white material from inside the tie around the outside and wrap with floss again.
- Boil your eggs for 20-25 minutes in 1/4 c vinegar and the rest water.
- After boiled, let eggs cool at least 10 mins in cold water.
- Have fun unwrapping and seeing what fun eggs you’ve made
My friend Rhea also gave it a try. She came up with some really cool designs. I think it’s funny that she and I both Stumbled the same post! I think a few of my other bloggy friends are making these eggs as well. If I find their posts I’ll link them up so you can see their pretty designs. I can’t wait to scout out more ties this year and have awesome designs next year!